Do you aspire to become a professional food handler in a reputed organization? If so, your journey begins with the food handler card training, test and certification. The food safety laws differ from one state to another in the US, so it is very important to know whether you are joining the right institute offering training and certification for degree in your state.
For aspirants looking to get a certification in food handler program from a recognized institute, ServSafe is the right place to achieve everything needed to find a job in the food service industry, restaurant business etc. This concise guide on how to get Servsafe Food Handler Card will provide you every bit of information needed before you join the food handler course program.
System Requirements for ServeSafe Food Handler Card Training Online
ServeSafe online course programs are designed to the best efforts to run properly on Windows and Mac operating systems with perfection. Depending on the OS in your computer, ensure your system complies with the basic requirements as follows:
- Windows 7 and above
- Chrome 31.0+/ Internet Explorer 9.0+/ Mozilla Firefox 25.0+
- 4GB RAM
- Intel Atom/ at least 1.6GHz or faster processor on netbook/ 2.33GHz or faster x86 compatible processors
- 1.33GHz or faster Intel Core Duo Processor
- Mac OS X 10.6+
- 4GB RAM
- Safari 6.0+/ Chrome 31.0+/ Mozilla Firefox 25.0+
- Adobe Reader
- High speed internet connectivity
- HD or higher screen resolution
- Good Sound clarity
- 11.1 and above Flash Player (if you are using old browser versions)
Step-by-Step Instructions to Join the Servsafe Food Handler Card Training
- Visit the link to the ServeSafe food handler products page at https://www.servsafe.com/ss/foodhandler
- In the Student section, select ‘Buy ServeSafe Food Handler Products’
- Enter your State and click on the ‘Submit’ tab (Some portions of the course program may differ from one state to another depending on the Food safety laws in the region so make sure you have mentioned the correct State name when registering for the online training)
- On the following page, click on the online course program you want to pursue to the view the course details
- If you want to join the program, click on the ‘Add to Cart’ tab and follow the instructions thereby for making payments and creating ServeSafe account
Note: You must use the ServeSafe user ID and password to access the online course program, take tests etc. You can create the ServeSafe account while joining the food handler training.
ServeSafe Food Handler Certification
All registered candidates taking the online course and completing the assessments successfully receive the ServeSafe food handler certification. You can view the certificates online and take prints if required.
Note: The ServeSafe Food Handler Certification is subject to expiry after 3 years from the date of passing the Assessment successfully.
Instructor Led Classes and Exams
Considering the requirements of some students having difficulty with the online training program, there is a provision to take classes and exams under the guidance of a certified and experienced food handler instructor (in California only). To find the food handler nearby, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.servsafe.com/ServSafe-Food-Handler
- Select the option ‘Find Instructor/Proctor’ from the sub-menu
- From the list of the instructors, you can choose someone in your locality to view the contact details to proceed
Some Parting Words,
ServeSafe is a reputed online platform founded by the National Restaurant Association in cooperation with a panel of food industry experts to offer a range of food handler products and services.
ServeSafe allows the students to take the food handler exams online or in written. The candidates can take the online exam in English or Spanish. The print exam is available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.