The Netflix customers can sign up for the monthly subscription using the Apple TV app, Mac, Safari, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. These subscribers can choose the option to make monthly payments through the iTunes billing regulated by Apple. If you no longer wish to use the Netflix subscription, herein is a guide on how to cancel Netflix in iTunes.
While you can change or cancel the Netflix subscription on iTunes using all Apple devices, yet the procedure differs slightly for different iOS gadgets.
Cancel Netflix in iTunes on Mac
- Open iTunes on your Mac device
- Login with your Apple ID and password
- In the menu, select Account Info (you might have to sign in again using the Apple ID)
- Click on the ‘Manage’ option next to the Subscription section
- Select Netflix in the subscription list
- Now click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ tab at the bottom of the page
Note: If you want to cancel the subscription permanently, ensure to set the Auto Renewal feature to ‘Off’ mode.
Cancel Netflix Plan in iTunes on iPhone/iPad
- Open the Settings on your device
- Tap on the App Store and iTunes
- Tap on the Apple ID link (You may need to enter the Apple ID and password)
- Tap on ‘View Apple ID’
- Unlock your account using the Touch ID or password
- Tap on the Subscription
- Choose Netflix
- Set the Auto Renewal feature to ‘Off’ mode
Cancel Netflix on Apple TV
- Open the Apple TV Settings app
- Select Accounts option
- Go to Manage Subscriptions
- Sign in with the Apple ID and password
- Choose Netflix in the Subscription section
- Set ‘Auto Renewal’ to Off mode
- Select ‘Confirm’
Cancel Netflix Using Safari Browser
- On the Safari browser, go to the Netflix Cancellation Page
- On the login page, enter the Netflix username and password
- Choose ‘Cancel Membership’ on the account dashboard
- Click on the ‘Finish Cancellation’ button to confirm
Cancel Subscription Using the Netflix App on iTunes
Even if you are using one or more Apple devices, it is possible to subscribe to the paid plans directly from the Netflix website. This allows you to manage and cancel the subscriptions with ease.
- Tap on the Netflix app (available for installation on all devices)
- Choose Account menu
- Under the Plan Details, choose the ‘Cancel Streaming Plan’ option
- When redirected to iTunes, sign in with the Apple ID and password
- Select Netflix subscription
- Choose Cancel Subscription
- Tap Confirm
Note: If you want to subscribe again to any Netflix plan in future, visit the Netflix Account Page on your existing account to create a new contract. (Your account will remain active for the next ten months from the time of subscription cancellation).
If you choose to pay for the Netflix subscription through iTunes, you must continue the same payment system until you cancel it on the platform. While using the Apple payment method, you will not be able to redeem any Netflix promotional offer or gift card on your account.
If you wish to enjoy the benefits of the promo code or discount voucher, you must first cancel the subscription on iTunes and create a new account with Netflix. For more details, visit Netflix FAQs at https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25097.
Once you cancel the Netflix on iTunes, you will be able to enjoy the subscription facilities until the end of the present billing cycle (usually end of the month). Apple will not take the Netflix fees anymore denying your access to the Netflix app thereafter.
It is easy and beneficial to pay Netflix monthly bills on iTunes. You can pay for the subscription using the App Store account alongside all other apps at the convenience of controlling all your payments on a single platform.