About the Green Dot
Green Dot Corporation is an American financial technology and bank holding company. The company was founded in 1999 by Steve Streit as a prepaid debit card for teenagers to shop online. It was headquartered in Pasadena and California. It is the world’s largest prepaid debit card company by market capitalization. Green Dot Corporation is an issuer of prepaid MasterCard and Visa cards in the United States. Green Dot was formerly known as Next Estate communications. The company pivoted to serving the “unbanked” and “underbanked” communities in 2001.
How Can You Activate the Green Dot Prepaid Card?
- You have a computer with internet access.
- You have a registered Green Dot Prepaid Card, which is in your Green Dot package.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Visit the Green Dot Prepaid Card Online Activation Page at: http://www.mygreendot.com/activate
- Then fill out your card information in the necessary field. You should fill in the blanks with the 16-digit personalized card number, the last 4 digits of your social security number, and the code shown in the box below. For now, the expiration date and digit security code are also requested. If you have trouble finding those numbers, check the instructions in your Green Dot package. And press “Next” after your completion.
- Confirm your personal information, and complete the remaining activation steps.
- For further information about Green Dot Prepaid Card, please refer to Green Dot Prepaid Card FAQ at: http://www.mygreendot.com/greendot/help#what
- If you have any questions, you can visit the homepage of Green Dot at: http://www.greendotcorp.com