In this guide, you will learn how to access your Embark Vet Kit and the process of utilizing the Embark Kennel Test Kit. Keep in mind that to activate your test at embarkvet.com activate, you will need an Activation Code.
The Activation Code is described on top of the letter your swab came in. Remember to stick to the exact steps to activate your Embark Vet test.
Prerequisites for Activating Embark Vet Kit at embarkvet.com/activate
Here are a few must-have things that you will require to complete the activation process.
- A high-speed Internet connection.
- A smart device – computer or mobile phone.
- A 14-digit swab code (starting with 310).
- A 7-digit EM code.
- The authorized activation link – embarkvet.com/activate
If you confirm these details, you are good to go with the activation process below.
How To Activate Embark Vet Kit At Embarkvet.Com/Activate?
To use the kit, you will need to activate it first. Follow the steps meticulously and carry out the process easily.
- Open your computer and ensure it is connected to a stable network.
- Launch your favorite browser and enter embarkvet.com/activate.
- You will be prompted to log in using your Embark Account credentials.
- After logging in, click the “Activate” kit button. It should be next to your dog’s name.
- You will be taken to another where you will have to enter your seven-digit EM code. (If your 7-digit EM code doesn’t work or you don’t have a code, you can select the option that says “Don’t have an activation code?” It should prompt you to provide a 14-digit swab code.)
- Click the “Continue” button and stick to the on-screen instructions.
- After answering a few more questions, you will be able to complete the process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Your Embark Kit to Test Your Dog’s DNA
Here’s how you can use the Embark Kit to test your dog’s DNA.
- After receiving your Embark Kit, you will need to create an account.
- Complete the activation process (you can follow the steps mentioned above).
- After activating, you will need to collect a sample from the inside of your dog’s cheek.
- Next, you will have to mail the swab back to Embark Vet’s laboratory. Make sure you send in the postage-paid packaging. If you are sending it from outside the country, you will add additional postage.
- Upon receiving your swab test, Embark Vet will confirm the same via email.
- Your dog’s results will be emailed to you within 2-4 weeks.
How to Swab Your Dog and Activate Kit
- REMOVE COLLECTION TUBE
Open the kit and remove the tube from its packaging. Do not remove the swab from the tube, you can use the tube as a handle.
- SWAB YOUR DOG FOR 30-60 SECONDS
Take the swab and gently rub the inside of your dog’s cheek pouch and under his tongue to collect saliva for at least 30 seconds. Some tips to get the best quality sample:-
- Make sure the swab sponge is saturated with saliva. Some dogs may need you to swab for up to 60 seconds!!!
- Show your dog a treat (don’t let them eat it) so they get nice and slobbery
- Don’t let your dog eat for 30 minutes prior to swabbing
- UNSCREW THE CAP, PLACE IT IN THE TUBE & SEAL YOUR SAMPLE
Unscrew the cap and turn the swab upside down. Place the swab inside the collection tube.
Don’t spill the liquid – it is needed to stabilize the DNA until it’s processed.
Screw the cap until you cannot turn it any further.
- MIX SAMPLE
Make sure the cap is screwed on tightly over the sample collection tube. Invert the tube and shake for 10 seconds.
Click the button below to activate your kit.
Please do this before mailing your kit back to Embark.
- SEND YOUR SAMPLE TO Embark
Send your sample to Embark with the prepaid envelope included in your kit. Don’t worry, your sample is stable for at least 6 months, but who wants to wait that long?
Register your kit with your profile using the code included in it.
Swab the inside of your dog’s cheek for thirty seconds.
Mail your dog’s swab back to Embark with a free return label.
Is There A Discount For Purchasing Tests For Multiple Dogs?
If you’d like to test your whole 4-legged pack, save money by using the following coupon codes on our Breed and Health Kit:
- MULTIPACK2 – 10% off 2 kits.
- MULTIPACK3 – 15% off 3 kits.
- MULTIPACK4 – 20% off 4 or more kits.
These MULTIPACK discounts do not apply to Embark for Breeders products or our Breed Identification Kit, and cannot be combined with other coupons or limited-time offers.
In order to qualify for this discount, kits must be ordered together and shipped to the same address. Read more articles on activateenter.